Fire Restoration and Smoke Restoration in Pittsburgh
Fire Restoration and Smoke Restoration
Fire restoration work is complicated. While it might seem that the immediate damage ends when the fire trucks pull away, the truth is that unchecked smoke and ash can cause significant damage to a home or business through corrosion, etching, and discoloration. Furthermore, the smell of a fire can quickly become overwhelming–infecting all of your personal belongings, as well. The most immediate problem after a fire is that ash discolors mostly everything. Appliances will quickly start to “yellow,” and metals will significantly tarnish with each minute that passes after the fire. It’s genuinely important that you call us here at Duckstein Restoration Services as quickly as possible after a fire to contain the residual damage fire, ash, soot, and smoke that can cause further damage to your property.
Call Us for Your Fire Restoration ASAP!
Our expert, in-house, IICRC-certified fire restoration crews are equipped to help immediately after a fire–in fact, our work should start as soon as the authorities say that it is safe to enter a property. The corrosive smoke and ash from a fire can cause tremendous problems to a property following a fire, and even the work that went into extinguishing that fire can setup further damage. Our crews are trained and experienced in the complete, full-service fire damage restoration of a property that may have just experienced fire, smoke, water, and chemical damage.
When you have smoke or fire damage and call Duckstein Restoration, you can rely on:
- A first responder on the scene within two hours (depending on your location, many first responders arrive in less than an hour)
- We’ll help you work with your insurance provider to accurately communicate your damage as it applies to your specific insurance policy
- As soon as the fire marshal allows access to your property, we will dispatch our crews to start mitigation of fire and smoke damage
- We’ll remove items that you need immediately, and also those items that are precious and irreplaceable (same-day service), such as passports, financial documents, licenses, antiques, heirlooms, etc.
- We have a full, Ultrasonics-powered contents cleaning division.
- In cold weather, we will winterize a home to prevent damage due to a lack of heat
- We will restore power to the home (even using temporary poles, if needed)
- We will box and transport your belongings to our secure cleaning and storage facility
- Utilities will be inspected, repaired (if needed), and restored
- Structural cleaning
- We will handle any required demolition
- Hydroxyl deodorizing (safe for you to be around), and we also provide an ozone generator and thermal fogging
- Sealing with alcohol-based paint to prevent any residual odors from permeating living space
We also provide additional restoration services and reconstruction that may or may not apply to your specific situation. No job is too big or small for our crews–please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions or have us come evaluate your property. We’ve been in business since 1971 and are ready to provide you with the remedy and peace-of-mind that you need in such a troubling time.