Mold Testing, Cleaning, and Removal
When it comes to mold removal, it’s important to remember that mold damage can have lasting effects on your home value and more importantly, your health. Leaving mold damage untreated can potentially cause health issues for you, your family and even your pets.
Mold testing is itself becoming more and more popular due to concerns from potential home buyers and home inspectors about the safety of the home and general air quality. In fact, during the sale process of a home, we work with homeowners to test for mold. If mold is discovered, we then entirely clean the mold and restore the home to it’s pre-mold condition. Being proactive on testing and remediation can help expedite the sales process, give the buyer peace of mind and also prevent potential buyers from backing out due to health concerns. For these reasons and more, Duckstein Restoration is well-versed and accomplished in the complete removal of mold from a home or business.
Mold damage is one of the most difficult challenges a homeowner can face, and to make matters worse, it’s likely something that will occur at least once in your home. From a poorly ventilated bathroom to a small leak in the roof to flooding in the basement, water can enter your home in so many ways. When the organic materials in your home meet with this moisture, mold spores have the potential to start growing within a day’s time. This mold growth is both a danger to your home (weakened structures) and to your health (asthma, allergies, and other respiratory disorders).
Another concern about mold damage occurs after a fire—when the water used to extinguish the fire moves through your home, mold damage can occur. In both minor cases of mold damage and major, whole structure contamination, Duckstein Restoration brings its IICRC-certified 40+ years of experience to mold detection, identification, and the elimination of all traces of mold in your home.
Mold Removal from Duckstein Restoration
To determine the source, kind and severity of mold growth in your home testing must be completed first. Our professional mold assessment and testing process can pinpoint problems or rule out potential causes of indoor allergies, asthma or other health issues. Our expert, in-house crews are equipped to help you remove mold damage from your home. From one-room instances due to a leak to house-wise occurrences of mold damage, our crews use the latest technology to “see through your walls” to non-evasively diagnose water damage in your home. We use a third-party microbial lab to analyze the samples we provide to them to eliminate conflicts of interest. Our specialists then have a wide selection of services and tools available to address and completely eliminate your specific mold problem, leaving you and your home happy and healthy.
When you have mold damage in your home and call Duckstein Restoration, you can rely on:
- A consultation that includes inspection and sampling
- We’ll help you work with your insurance provider to accurately communicate your damage as it applies to your specific insurance policy (some exclusions may apply)
- Containment of the mold to the problem area
- Moisture inspections to identify the underlying cause(s) of your mold problem
- Sampling and 3rd-party, independent lab testing
- Safe mold removal, including infected organic building materials
- Structural drying with high-powered industrial tools and machinery
- Removal of mold-damaged belongings from your home and restoration services to restore what was altered
- Mold remediation for your materials, furniture, and other household items (if applicable)
- We will box and transport your belongings to our secure cleaning and storage facility (if applicable)
- Utilities will be inspected, repaired (if needed), and restored
- Structural cleaning
- We will handle any required demolition
- Hydroxyl deodorizing (safe for you to be around), and we also provide an ozone generator and thermal fogging
- In short, we’ll restore your home back to its former glory with our in-house construction crews, technology-based solutions, and over 40+ years of experience.